Free Pub Quizzes - free quizzes and answers available instantly. Quizzes cover general knowledge, trivia and a range of themed rounds.
|Free Pub Quiz 40||
Purchase Quiz Books
Play Pub Quizzes on your home computer
1. Which naturalist was behind the theory of evolution by natural selection?
2. What was the name of the firestation and the colour of the watch
featured in TV’s London’s Burning?
4. Who won the Best Actress Oscar for the 1988 film, The Accused?
5. Which bird has ‘golden’ and ‘argus’ varieties?
6. What are the surnames of Romeo and Juliet in the play of the same name?
7. The Khyber Pass links Pakistan with which country?
8. In Roman Mythology, who was the messenger of the Gods?
9. With which group was Morrissey the lead singer?
10. Which Eastenders character was played by Sid Owen?
11. Under which monument is the French tomb of the Unknown Soldier?
12. Which 2 countries have hosted the football world cup twice?
13. Which English physicist wrote ‘A Brief History of Time’?
14. What is the main ingredient of a Molotov cocktail?
15. What type of creature is a Bombay Duck?
16. Who was Britain’s first Knight of pop?
17. In Scrabble, how many points does the letter ‘W’ score?
18. Who had a number one hit with ‘Final Countdown’?
19. Which mountain range runs through Columbia, Peru, Venezuela and Argentina?
20. Which English actor won an Oscar for the role of a butler in the film Arthur?
21. What was the name of the ship in which the Pilgrim Fathers set sale in 1620?
22. How many quarts are there in a gallon?
23. Which poet wrote ‘Ode to a Nightingale’?
24. In which US state is the ski resort of Aspen?
25. Whose books are the James Bond films based on?
26. Which actor played the voice of Darth Vader?
27. Who was the bass player with the Rolling Stones?
28. Who was the son of Zeus who killed Medusa?
29. Which is the largest city in New Zealand?
30. Which father and daughter pair had a hit with ‘Something stupid’?Answers
The questions contained in these pub quizzes have been used in pub quizzes that the authors of the site have either attended or have written themselves. Whilst efforts are made to ensure that the answers stated are correct, it is possible that mistakes have been made. Please e-mail us with any corrections.