Free Pub Quizzes - free quizzes and answers available instantly. Quizzes cover general knowledge, trivia and a range of themed rounds.
|Free Pub Quiz 42||
Purchase Quiz Books
Play Pub Quizzes on your home computer
1. In 1066, prior to the Battle of Hastings, King Harold fought another battle that shares its name with which football club’s ground?
2. Which children’s fairy tale author was born in 1805?
3. Mussolini became Prime Minister of Italy in which year?
4. Who was Chancellor of the Exchequer in Britain during the 1926 General Strike?
5. In which year did William the Conqueror order the compilation of the Doomsday Book?
6. Who was Henry VIII 3rd wife?
7. ‘What hath God wrought’ were the first words transmitted
using which form of communication?
9. What is the name of the hospital in Casualty?
10. What was the name of the number 1 single from David Bowie’s Scary Monsters Album?
11. Who was the lead singer with the Human League?
12. What was the name of the café in ‘Allo ‘Allo?
13. Which newspaper did Superman work for?
14. Who sang the theme song for the film Goldfinger?
15. The song ‘If I were a rich man’ comes from which musical?
16. Who played Rita in the film ‘Educating Rita’?
17. Which Beetles album cover featured the foursome walking across a zebra crossing?
18. Before leaving for Australia, in which British City did the Bee Gees live?
19. What is the unit of measurement for relative loudness?
20. What is the alternative name for nitrous oxide?
21. How many sides does a nonagon have?
22. Who was famous for his theory of gravity and 3 laws of motion?
23. In medicine, what does the abbreviation OD stand for?
24. What breed of dog is the tallest in the world?
25. What is the name for an animal that only feeds on plants?
26. What is the name for a baby kangaroo?
27. Who killed John Lennon?
28. Which Scottish poet was also employed as a customs and excise officer?
29. Who is associated with the quote ‘A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse’?
30. Which novelist also wrote under the pseudonym Currer Bell?
The questions contained in these pub quizzes have been used in pub quizzes that the authors of the site have either attended or have written themselves. Whilst efforts are made to ensure that the answers stated are correct, it is possible that mistakes have been made. Please e-mail us with any corrections.