Free Pub Quizzes - free quizzes and answers available instantly. Quizzes cover general knowledge, trivia and a range of themed rounds.
|Free Pub Quiz 44||
Purchase Quiz Books
Play Pub Quizzes on your home computer
1. What is hydrophobia more commonly known as (clue: it’s not the fear of water)?
2. Of which country is Dakar the capital?
3. What animal has Indian, African Black and Broad Lipped varieties?
4. What is the parliament building in Northern Ireland called?
5. Which two metals are used to make pewter?
6. What is Europe’s largest inland port?
7. Which British ex Grand Prix driver came third in the Indy 500 in 1993?
8. Who won his 70th snooker title at the 1995 Regal Welsh Open?
9. For whom did Manchester United pay £7 million in 1995?
10. Which former Olympic gold medallist lit the Olympic flame at Atlanta in 1996?
11. Who starred as James Kavanagh QC on TV?
12. Which masked avenger did Guy Williams portray in the 1950’s on the small screen?
13. Which song has been a hit for Buddy Holly, Showaddywaddy and Nick Berry?
14. Which Eastenders character did Ross Kemp play?
15. Which Darling Buds of May star played district nurse Peggy in ITV’s Where the Heart is?
16. What is the national language of Brazil?
17. What is the capital of the Isle of Man?
18. In which European country is the Blue Grotto?
19. What is the diameter of each dial on Big Ben – is it 31 ft, 23 ft or 10ft?
20. Which is the world’s smallest sovereign state?
21. How many bridges are there across the River Thames – 20, 24 or 27?
22. From which Shakespeare play does the quotation ‘All the worlds a stage’ come from?
23. The character Bill Sikes appears in which book by Charles Dickens?
24. Who wrote Death on the Nile?
25. Who wrote The Time Machine?
26. Who wrote The Pilgrim’s Progress?
27. Which ship left England in December 1787 under the command of Captain William Bligh?
28. On the Monte Bello islands in 1952, the first British experiment of what kind of object took place?
29. Who was taken hostage in Beirut in January 1987?
30. During the 1950’s, who was the leader of the Blackshirts in Britain?
The questions contained in these pub quizzes have been used in pub quizzes that the authors of the site have either attended or have written themselves. Whilst efforts are made to ensure that the answers stated are correct, it is possible that mistakes have been made. Please e-mail us with any corrections.